Workers' Compensation Questions Answered

Get a Free Consultation

At Maynard & Harris Attorneys at Law, PLLC Law, we are constantly answering people's questions about workers' compensation. It is a very complex area of law that can be difficult to fully understand. That makes having an experienced attorney in your corner a very valuable asset after being hurt at work.

If you have questions that need immediate answers, don't hesitate to call our team at 877-230-9100 or 336-777-1411 today. Initial consults are free of charge.

Get the Answers You Need

At our law firm, we can answer all of your workers' compensation questions. Some of the most common questions we receive include:

  • What should I do if I get hurt on the job? You should immediately report your injury to your employer. You should get medical treatment if you need it and the employer should recommend a doctor for you to see. If you and your employer disagree with any aspect of your work injury, an attorney can help you understand your rights under the law.
  • When am I entitled to workers' comp benefits? You are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits if you experience an accidental injury at work or if your job is repetitive causing you injury or if you are injured while participating in a work-related activity.
  • What benefits should I receive under workers' compensation? Payment of medical bills. Payment for time lost from work - lost wages. Temporary or partial disability benefits for the time you are out of work. Workers' comp also pays permanent or partial disability if you are unable to return to work or have a permanent injury or permanent medical restrictions.
  • What if my claim is denied? You will have to file a request for hearing which is an appeal of the denial of your claim. You will have to file requests (motions or hearings) with the NC Industrial Commission if you and your employer or the insurance company disagree about the amount of benefits you are receiving, the doctors you are seeing or the medical treatment being recommended.
  • Do I have to go to the company selected doctor ? Yes, but you may be able to see a different doctor that you choose, if you follow the procedure required by the law.

Get Answers to Your Complex Questions by Calling Us

Call our Winston-Salem attorneys at 877-230-9100 if you did not find the answers to your questions here or if you would like to know more about your specific situation. We offer free initial consultations that you can even schedule online.