If you were injured on the job, you are entitled to workers' compensation benefits. For help with your claim, contact Maynard & Harris Attorneys at Law, PLLC. We will help you pursue your claim and maximize your benefits under the law. Call us today at 866-912-8731. Consultations are free.
I Was Injured At Work, Now What?
Under North Carolina law, you are entitled to medical care, lost wages and other benefits for a work-related injury. At Maynard & Harris Attorneys at Law, PLLC, we will help you get the benefits you are entitled to. We work hard to ensure that our clients receive all entitled workers' compensation benefits — weekly wages, timely payment of medical bills and benefits/settlements for permanent disability or permanent partial disability.
Over the years, our lawyers have handled many claims involving all types of work-related injuries, including:
- Back injury (herniated disks, muscle strains, pinched nerves)
- Head and neck injuries (including brain or spinal cord injury)
- Amputation or crushed limbs
- Injuries to feet, hands, knees and shoulders
- Broken bones
- Lacerations, scarring and burns
- Occupational disease (repetitive use or toxic exposure)
If you were injured by defective equipment or the negligence of a subcontractor or other party outside of your employer, we will explore a possible third-party lawsuit for damages. See our Workers' Comp Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.
Get Representation From A Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist
Attorney Celeste Harris is a certified workers' compensation specialist by the North Carolina State Bar. She is also a former nurse who has practiced law for more than 25 years. Ms. Harris has represented hundreds of people in Winston-Salem and surrounding areas of North Carolina.
You Have A Right To Appeal
If your claim for workers' compensation benefits was denied, contact our firm. Ms. Harris vigorously represents clients in appeals to the North Carolina Industrial Commission, the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court. Situations requiring a workers' compensation appeal include:
- If a job accident/work injury claim is denied
- If a client disagrees with his or her disability rating and benefits
- To allow a client to see a doctor of his or her choice for ongoing treatment
- To address return-to-work issues (refusal to rehire after a temporary disability)
Get A Free Consultation
Contact Maynard & Harris Attorneys at Law, PLLC, early in your case. Call our law office toll free at 866-912-8731 to schedule your free initial consultation. Se habla español.
See our Past Case Results page for examples of our effective representation.